The School’s History
- In 1953 Aldridge County Secondary School became the first school to be built on our current site.
- In the late 1950’s, it became Leighswood Junior School (KS2) as the Secondary School moved to its present Tynings Lane site.
- In 1957 three wooden classrooms became Leighswood Infant School.
- The current brick building (KS1) was officially opened on 11th December 1962. (Please see the cover of the official programme and drawing of the school at that time as pictures below).
- Leighswood Infant and Junior schools amalgamated in 1998 becoming Leighswood School.
Since the amalgamation, the school has continued to grow. Two new classrooms have been added to the KS2 building, a custom built Nursery to KS1 and childcare is now provided in the adjoining building which used to be Leighswood Children’s Centre. Now in our sixth decade, we continue to provide our children with a safe, happy and stimulating environment in which to learn and grow.